Tuesday, November 18, 2008

black and blue

I think my stomach is bruised from laughing so hard! I had supper with the Luhmann's last night at Rascals and haven't laughed that hard since I got here. Gosh, it was a riot.

The laughter turned to sheer joy this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that I am down 11.4 pounds since we started the Biggest Loser group at Good Shepherd. Here's a progress picture so you believe me. I'll post one each time I hit the 10 pound loss mark. I'm hoping there will be at least 2 more pictures to post! :)

Bob and I had our weekly supervisor meeting this morning. I usually go into it with a bunch of questions that I have, but was met with a nice change of pace today. Bob just wanted to check in and see how things were going. We did get to my questions, but it was so nice to have someone stop me and honestly ask, "How are you doing?" Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the work here that I forget to stop and reflect myself, until I become overwhelmed, and my only reflection is complete exhaustion. I'm teaching Jacob's Well tomorrow morning, and feeling anxious about that again. I don't know why; the people in that study are oober supportive and kind. I am already less prepared at this point than I was last time I taught, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Kevin comes tomorrow night. I'm preaching Sunday and Wednesday. Two different sermons. Seriously, this is a stressful time right now. I hope to finish up the Bible Study in the next 30 minutes, and move on to the sermon next. The Thanksgiving Eve gospel choir met tonight for the first time. I'm singing a solo during the service and preaching. I think I should pick up a part time job. There's just not enough to do. :)

Oh, and my bruises have hit their maximum level of pretty, so now you can see them! Enjoy! Back to work! Goodnight!

No comments: