Saturday, November 29, 2008

this is no vacation!

I'm not used to all of this...go go go! I feel like we covered virtually every square inch of the South Bay today. UP to Wayfarers Chapel, DOWN to Trump's Golf Course, UP the hill to San Pedro, DOWN to eat at In-N-Out, OVER to Costco, AROUND to the mall, DOWN to Goodwill, DOWN further to the beach/pier, BACK UP to go home.

We had an awesome time hiking at Trumpland. It's a beautiful walk down (a little steep) but with my Keen's, it was no trouble. We walked around on the beach. Of course, I hunted for more rocks to make jewelry out of. Not to worry, I got a bunch of good ones. There was a dead walrus lying on the beach. It was disgusting! He was all bloated, bruised, and nasty. I take back every bad thing I've said about the marine life. Except the seals--they can bite me! There are two options for the walk back up from the beach--one was more adventurous than the other. And that it was! HOLY COW! We should've been harnessed in for it. The problem: once you got started, it was more safe to continue up. We made it back (obviously), and I can't wait to get back down there for more hiking fun.

San Pedro was a bust. We were so hungry...we ended up driving down some scary streets, so we hustled back to Torrance. Costco was a complete zoo. People were loading 72 inch TV's into their over sized carts, and trying to navigate them through the store. C'mon people!

On our way to the mall, we saw a motorcyclist being loaded into an ambulance after getting hit on Hawthorne. A reminder: don't accept a free motorcycle ride from anyone in CA. The mall was too busy for comfort, Santa was there, and so were 10,000 other people, so we headed down to Goodwill. They were having a special event for black Friday (which I'm now calling DEATH Friday after what happened in NY), 100 things were marked FREE in the store. One free item per customer. Well, here's the deal: I've been looking for a green or blue shirt to match this vest I brought out here. Seriously, nothing I owned would match it. Well, I'm browsing through the clothes racks, and spot a green striped shirt with a cute little hood. The hanger said FREE! It's the same Old Navy brand as my vest. It's a perfect fit, and FREE! Check out the photo for evidence! Then, I found a pair of Gap jeans in my size that were also free! So, I called out to my dad and he picked them up for me. I happened to bring my vest along so I could try to find a match. What are the odds??

We got to watch the sunset at the pier, looked at the cute little shops, and just about got pooped on by all the nasty seagulls. FUN FUN! Once we got home, dad fell asleep on the couch by 8:30, so I sent him to bed before his snoring woke up the rest of the neighborhood, and I continued to work on photo orders. A fun filled day!

No comments: