Sunday, November 9, 2008

game night = success!

After all that planning, it's over. The game night was a great success.

We got a wii and xbox hooked up to jumbo screens & amps, and had a great time playing. For the non-video-gamers, Jenga, Clue, and Pictureka were all played as well. A great crew of people showed up to help set up, and an even greater crew showed up for the main event. 17 people! I put a sign-in sheet right by the door, so was able to collect contact information from all but one person there! After all the responses to my Craigslist ad, I was a little bummed to see only 2 of them actually show up. But, two is better than one, thank you God!

I got to play Rockband tonight for the first time ever. I must've been a drummer in another life, because I rocked it! :) So much so, that I accidentally broke the foot pedal while playing! And it wasn't that I was mashing on it...I'm not that hard core. I was playing barefoot, so maybe that had something to do with it. I hate breaking things that aren't mine. I'm definitely going to pay to get him a new one, but since it's not mine, I won't get to enjoy it. Let's just hope I don't break a surfboard while I'm here, that would be even worse!

Today was a great day of fellowship. Our Saturday morning young women's growth group was awesome. I think there were 8 of us, and Alicia brought some amazing cinnamon streusel muffins (no nuts)...Holly makes those for me when I stay at her house, so it was a nice little reminder of home. Tammy Famularo graciously welcomes us into her home every other week. We've been focusing on the bad girls of the Bible these last few weeks, and have really had a chance to get to know eachother on a more personal level. I love being in community with other young women my age.

This afternoon, I met Ellen at the plunge to swim. It was 85 degrees here today, so I was fortunate to get some serious sun while swimming. There has been far too much going on today. Errands, sign making, moving tables and walls, computer junk. I'm ready for bed, and hoping tomorrow won't be another exhausting Sunday! Nighty night!

No comments: