Saturday, October 25, 2008

finito!

Well, my sermon is complete. It's been a long day of writing, practicing, and powerpointing, but it's complete. There's only so much prep I can do. I realized yesterday that Kevin and I (even with the time difference) will be preaching at the same time! How exciting!
I got to take a break this afternoon and help get the photo station set up for the Costume Carnival. Stephanie and I tried carting huge hay bales around, and eventually got covered in it! I'll put some finishing touches on it after worship tomorrow, and wait for the kids to come around 4:30. Last year, there were over 300 kids there...so I better get in 'goofy mode' to make the pictures quick and fun for all of us!

Kelly Luhmann and I walked over to Rascals tonight for a chicken teriyaki bowl...mmm...Amy Luhmann (ah, sisters) works at Rascals, so I hoped to get a cute picture of her behind the counter. She was off work by the time we got there, so Kelly graciously posed with me for a picture to document the fun! Then, we went back to her house and ate with the whole fam! My first supper (YES, supper, not dinner) at someone else's home since I got here. It's fun to see where different people live and spend time with them in the comfort of their own home. I hope to do more of this while I'm here. HINT HINT! Invite me over folks! If I don't get invited, I'm going to start doing what Jesus did to Zacchaeus and say, "Hey, I'm coming to your house today!" There, you've all been warned! :)

I need to pick out my outfit for church tomorrow, and get my booty to bed. For whatever reason, I've got the Billy Joel song 'Lyllabye' stuck in my head. I'll leave you with that tonight:

Goodnight, my angel
Time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away.
Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me.

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how you
And I
Will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will do supper again soon!!! I promise. I will even cook for you. Something Yummy!!

How exciting that you and Kevin will be preaching at the same time tomorrow morning.