Friday, October 3, 2008

millions of beaches

Today was the first day I’ve slept in since I got here. Kevin was kind enough to let me wake up in my own time. We treated ourselves to a healthy breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and whipped cream! YUMMY!

We loaded up the car and decided to go on an adventure. So, we headed north. First stop: Venice Beach! We had no idea what to expect. People warned us that there may be some “different” folks running around there. They were right! :) We stopped to take this picture by a painted wall, and a man approached us. With my camera, and a bag full of valuables, we only got two pictures taken and kept moving. It was colorful, shiny, and art-filled as we walked along the storefronts. Local artists sat in booths outside to sell their paintings, jewelry, woodwork, and lots of other crazy stuff. We were able to walk down to the beach and walk in the water together. Then we drove down to the Santa Monica Pier. We got to take some fun pictures together, played ski-ball in the arcade (won enough tokens to get a bracelet worth a penny), and then rode the famous Santa Monica ferris wheel!

We didn’t eat anything all day, so we hit up ihop on the way home (a first for me!) I had another chocolate chip pancake, some eggs, and a crepe! MMM! Kevin helped me get a few things ready for the picnic tomorrow night, and then we snuggled for a while and went to bed. He leaves tomorrow morning at 8! This time went by way too quickly! I need more visitors!

No comments: