Thursday, October 23, 2008

smoothie anyone?

Would someone please shut off the blender? I've been stuck in it for the last month and a half, and could really use a few moments to just chill out. Seriously, it's one thing after another around here. I haven't had a day to take care of ME in over two weeks. After spending two weekends in a row working with no day off, I'm about as far on empty as humanly possible. But there's nothing I can do about it. Thanks be to God, Jacob's Well was a success (eventhough I talk a mile a minute, and need to figure out how to slow down), I got to be in on the "Reel Story" interview today, and that was a lot of fun, but now it's on to the next thing: my sermon for Sunday. I have a pile of things to do that reaches up to my neck! SAVE ME!

Luckily, there have been some joys lately that have kept me sane. As you can see, my book shelf behind my desk has gained LOTS of color. The thanks for that goes to Holly and Kevin for the many cards they send to me. I get one a week from my sister. Thank goodness she knows how to speak my love language. Also, Dena Bricker, a GS member, brought over a huge box of Halloween costumes for me to choose from: a pirate, some Star Wars character (not voting for this one), superwoman, Dorothy, & the Devil. She is so thoughtful. Now it's just a matter of choosing which one it'll be. Any thoughts?

This afternoon, I drove down to the YMCA to check it out and to look into a membership. I keep forgetting that it doesn't get cold here, so if all I plan to do is swim and run, I can do that for free outside, or for a few bucks at the plunge. We'll see what happens. I really went down there to secretly drop off some flyers for our costume carnival this Sunday. There were hundreds of kids and their parents running around for lessons, in the pool, climbing the rock wall, I mean, seriously, this is an evangelists dream come true. Then, I made a quick trip to the Salvation Army, and found a few cute shirts for cheap. This was my attempt at self-care for the day. Then, I ran back home, ate fast, was 15 minutes late for a worship service that I thought started at 7:30, left early because I was frustrated, and now here I am...in bed...legs aching from a long day, and ready to throw in the towel. One week until rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you're juggling a lot, but you can do it! I believe in you!