Monday, October 27, 2008

what's her secret?

I can't believe I did it. The one thing I swore I'd never do, I did today. I am feeling guilty about it, even at this moment. I went to Victoria's Secret this morning and bought a bra for $35!! That's A LOT of money! I went to the mall in a last minute attempt to find a red shirt for our family Christmas photos, and walked out with NO shirt, and the most expensive undergarment I've ever purchased! What's wrong with this picture?

Then, I spent 5.5 hours in meetings today. I have a list about 20 items long that I need to get done by tomorrow evening. I can't check things off my list if I'm in a meeting! AHH! This blog is going to be mighty short because of it. Holly sent me a blog update today that showed a photo of Madison walking! HOLD ON BABY! I'll be home in two days to see it for myself! 48 hours to go!

I've had this song on my heart for the last couple of days. I heard it sung live at the NYWC in Sacramento, and I constantly find myself humming the sweet melody.

Belonging- by Kendall Payne

I believe in something;
it's been a long time coming.
It may not mean that much to you,
but it means all the world to me.

I'm belonging somewhere;
it took time to get here.
And now that I've become part of you,
I never want to leave.

It would've worked as a sermon illustration this week for the Calling of Levi. It works for me too. Each day changes me. I fight it at times, because the things I see are not what I want to become. It's definitely been a long time coming. I got the chance to huddle with some young adults tonight, and was struck by the fact that I found myself talking about vision. Planning, strategizing, setting goals: not any of my strong points. Some of the ideas I have (which lend to my apostolic ways) are ones I feel have been a long time coming, and they do mean so much to me. The ideas for the young adult community play into that sense of belonging. I hope down the road that it'll be a place of love that when it's time to go home, I'll never want to leave.

1 comment:

aase said...

I had no idea you had a blog, so i'm glad hannah posted her favorites. I am doing really well out east - i love the ministry here, it's challenging me in all new ways, so I'm excited about that.

Victoria Secret bras are worth the money, darlin'. Don't sweat it. Just think how good you'll feel sitting in all those meetings, wearing such a wonderful undergarment. :)