Saturday, December 27, 2008

frosting and sprinkles

"Wake up Auntie!" Presley yells through my bedroom door. Only, this time, I grab her and pull her into bed with me. She loves it when I "tickle" (scratch) her back and head, so within 30 seconds of tickling her, she was sleeping with her head on my chest with one arm thrown over me. It was adorable!

One week ago today, Madison Jay celebrated her first birthday. Only, there was a major snow storm in Minnesota, so there wasn't much travel. Lucky for me, it happened TODAY! So, we were there to celebrate with her and the rest of the family!

Watching her just about go head first into her cake was the highlight of the day. Of course, she stuck her finger in it a few times, but then when only I was looking (and had my camera on her) she opened her mouth and tried to get one massive bite. She opened more presents, and I swear, between her, Presley, and Mersaydes, they got one of every Fisher Price toy available this holiday season. Presley got this bike riding game that hooks up to the television. So, she turned it on while we were all watching (and cheering)! When she finished, we'd all applaud, and she pulled a Lance Armstrong. Another 3 hours in the car has brought us back to St. Paul for a delicious supper of steak and twice baked potatoes at Dave & Lynda's. We opened gifts and headed back to St. Louis Park. The family gatherings are finished. How wonderful it was to see everyone!

No comments: