Tuesday, December 16, 2008

pink day

It rained all night last night. No lightning or thunder, just sheets of rain. Vera got the best free car wash she's ever received. Ocean rain is much cleaner than the rain in MN. When I got to the office, I was greeted by an adorable little sugar cookie made by Stephanie Paulson. What a nice treat!

There was a little evangelism freak out today. I put another ad on Craigslist inviting people to the game night, and got a fast reply from a young guy in the area. He started asking me questions about how old I was, where I'm from, sent me a photo of himself (with his shirt off), and then asked me to send him a picture of myself. I had put one of a group of us up on the posting, so I directed him to that photo and then answered his questions and explained it's an open invitation to anyone regardless of appearance or location. He was kind in his reply as well and said that he's going to come! I got a little nervous there for a minute.

I spent the morning sending out e-mails and trying to get more people plugged in for the game night. This is going to be a week of major evangelism.

After our worship planning meeting, Lisa Strom and I made a run to the Grand Opening of Pinkberry here in Torrance. Which was fitting, because I was wearing a pink headband, pink shirt, pink earrings, and pink shoes. After typing that, I realize, it may've been a little much! :) Anyway, Pinkberry is a yogurt shop with only three flavors to choose from: green tea (gross), pomegranate, and plain. The kicker is that the toppings are bizarre. Cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles, captain crunch, pomegranates, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, sprinkles, chocolate chips. I got pomegranate yogurt with raspberries. YUM! I even got to try a pomegranate for the first time. I love the juice, just not the nut-like thing in the middle. They sell strange little plastic figurines and the decor is strange. Oh well, it tasted good. Next on my list of things to try: Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt.

After a long weekend, I figured a little retail therapy was in order. So I ran to Mervyn's (they're going out of business, so everything is 60-80% off). Only, the store is a complete disaster. I was hoping to find another flip flop ornament, but I didn't get lucky enough. I did find a cute black jacket though, so I bought that. Then I ran to Goodwill and bought a silver dress and black hoodie. It was a good day (and cheap) all in all.

Terijaki splat occured for the second time this week. I went to the Luhmann's to bum some terijaki from them, since I ran out. Then they introduced me to the coolest foot file in the world. It's called a "ped-egg" and it removes all the dead skin from your heels and feet. I went to the site and watched the hilarious infomercial on the site! Kelly thought it would be funny to take a picture of me removing all the dead skin. She's copyrighting the photo.

I finally finished my 3 month review (due 2 weeks ago) and submitted it to the seminary. Karishma is packing her bags and getting ready for the best week of her life. Only two days to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have not had golden spoon...that is your next mission, if you choose to accept it, however you may need a lot of toliet paper soon too!!!!

Mollie said...

I have the ped egg and I LOVE IT!! congrats on now having one!!! YAYA!