Monday, December 22, 2008

s-p-i-r-i-t

Has anyone seen the baby Jesus? I can't find him anywhere! I'm officially IN the Christmas spirit. Thanks to the kids at Good Shepherd! The Christmas pageant today was the cutest thing I've ever seen. The songs, the lines, all of it was memorized and awesome! Ellen did an incredible job of directing the kids! It was called the Christmas County Spelling Bee. Each contestant was competing for a part in the pageant. Hilarious and adorable! There were tons of parents, grandparents, and relatives at the services, so our attendance was way up. Which sent my nerves way up as well. I was just about shaking when I got up to lead the prayers and announcements. I hope to get them under control for Christmas Eve. There will be even more people that night.

I was relieved to wake up and see the snow capped mountains today. Ever since the first day, it' been too hazy to see them, and I was kicking myself for not taking a picture of the beauty! This is the incredible view we get to see each and every day up hereK stayed home this morning and spent some time relaxing. When I got home from church, she had baked a yummy sausage pastry for lunch. Then we headed out to Trump's Golf Course to take a hike and of course take some more pictures. We had a great time climbing on the rocks, seeing little hermit crabs, we even found a lobster claw! It's amazing how clear the water is! We could literally see crabs of every size crawling around in the pools of water up near the rocks. In an attempt to be ultra modelesque, we posed on the rocks, and even laid on our backs for a few pictures...I'm going to need a chiropractor adjustment soon. :) I'm sure we both looked pretty hilarious to the numerous people hiking along, but we didn't care. Pain is beauty! As it was worth it; the shots were really cool. We watched the sun set over the Pacific, talk about soul healing. The hike back up was a blast. We took the hard way and were proud to reach the top.
We headed back to Torrance for church at 7, watched the kids yawn through their final performance, as we yawned too. I haven't slept well up here at all. The dogs get up early, and breathe their stinky breath in our faces, it's hard to sleep through that. I hope tonight is a little more restful.

No comments: