Tuesday, December 30, 2008

joy to the warsh

It's snowing in Minnesota. Big freaking surprise. It's freezing cold too. Now I remember why I wanted an internship away from here so badly! :) I took this photo out of the Bergeson's window right before we set out in it. Kevin and I drove down to Worthington once it got really bad. Dumb on my part. Kevin said it makes for adventure. I like his positive spin on it. I rode along and was glad I wasn't driving. I figured that since I wasn't driving, I should do something productive, so I created a new invention. It's called the "head-holster." Basically, you wrap a neck pillow around your neck, and then tie your head to the head rest in the car by using a scarf. The pillow supports your neck, while the scarf holds your head steady. It's guaranteed to knock you out in less than five minutes! And for only 3 easy payments of $29.99, you can have one too. Just start sending me money! :)

Ah...the tunes of children. Presley was taking a bath tonight, she had no idea we were listening to her, and we all giggled (and videotaped) as she sung at the top of her lungs "Joy to the Warsh, and ards needs come!" Presley, it's "Joy to the World, the Lord is come." World. Lord. Oh, (she continues on) "Joy to the Warsh, and ards needs come!" This song has provided us with lots of laughter these last few days!

I can't believe how big they are getting! Madison is walking around, holding babies, doing a little dance thing, and smiling all the time. Presley holds "school" all the time, has us sit on the stairs for class, then leads us in song and lessons. She's brilliant. The night concluded with some game playing, chicken & broccoli braid, snuggling on the couch, and another round of hide-n-go-seek. We had Kevin stumped for about 10 minutes. But, I can't tell you where we were hiding: it's our secret! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This could actually be a very theological interpretation of the incarnation.
Joy to the warsh - baptismal interpretation. the washing away of the corruption of humanity and creation in and through the transformative incarnation of Christ
And ards needs come (and our needs come?) - provision of good news to the poor, ala Luke's inauguatorial proclamation

ok, maybe I tried too hard ;)