Thursday, December 11, 2008

get your groove on!

It's baaaaaaaaaack! More 'drancing' is coming your way this Sunday. We had our first practice tonight. 7 ladies total are dancing to The Magnificat (the song Mary sang when she found out she was pregnant with Jesus). I'm singing, and trying to dance too. It's hard work. I am so stinkin' winded by the end of it. No amount of musical theater prepared me for this. I'm going to run 26 miles tomorrow--while singing--to get me in shape for Sunday! :)

Each woman in the group is so unique and gifted. I've never taken a dance class in my life, so to be surrounded by loving women who participate with grace is such a blessing. We were able to bounce ideas off each other and make it a group effort! Oh, and we're dancing in costume too! We had a ball trying on robes, ropes, head wraps, etc. Ellen graciously let me go through her costume stash, and we found tons of things to choose from. We look quite adorable, if I may say so myself! Mary and her peasant friends.
I'm also preaching at the 11:00 service this Sunday. My sermon got started today. It's an awesome text, but I'm struggling to get the creative elements to fit with it. Hopefully by tomorrow, I can get it done and begin practicing it. That may be wishful thinking! Today is the one week mark: Karishma is coming! Can't wait!

No comments: