Tuesday, December 23, 2008

(ssshhh)ort skirt

Two days to go: I worked all morning (yesterday) calling people to find readers for the Christmas Eve worship services. I'm the wrong person for the job, but did manage to find some people.

Then, I finally did it. The sparkly short dress I got from Goodwill came out of the drawer and made an appearance for ladies night! I figure it's ok to dress like a tramp from time to time! :) Alicia, Kelly, Amy, K, and I went to BJ's in the mall and enjoyed a super yummy supper. Alicia (who is the baking queen) brought little bags of cookies for each of us! So thoughtful! Then came the food: pizza, fettuccine, soup, egg rolls, salad, and drinks. I just about built up the courage to buy a big girl drink but figured it wasn't worth the headache, so I settled for a virgin strawberry daiquiri.

There's an awesome outdoor promenade at the Del Amo, so we stopped and took a few photos. Perhaps the funniest moment of the night (for the other girls) came when I had to get up and down from the ground to take our photo. My tripod was in the car, so this was the next best thing. That short dress made it a little difficult, not to mention the 3 guys sitting directly in front of me who were being entertained themselves. Dirty men. Oh well, I figure the humiliation was worth it because of the sweet shot we got. Note to self: give that dress back to Goodwill.

We heard NY & Company was having a sale, so we all charged down there and found a few things. I resisted the urge to buy new clothes by remembering how full Vera was on the way out to CA. K and I bought Christmas presents for each other and handed the NY & Co bags over and said, "Merry Christmas!" Now, that's the way to shop!

This morning we cleaned the Wiedenmann's house, got the dogs fired up to meet Henry, made a welcome home sign, and ran to the Del Amo to find a simple Christmas outfit. California people dress much differently than Minnesota people! Seriously! Looking for an outfit turned into a two hour fiasco that resulted in the purchase of a single red cardigan. So, looks like I'll be wearing a dress I brought from home.

1 comment:

Auntie Dana said...

2:27AM??? Had I known, I would have called! I figured after Mark & Sue & Henry arrived, you'd all be either too pooped to stay up or too wound up too sleep...guess it was the later. :) Can't wait to hear all about the incredibly special homecoming. I wonder how long it will take to reset Henry's internal alarm clock...

And, unless those leggings had the old fashioned garters and accompanying garter-belt, I think you were not only safe from those letches, but totally cute and adorable with the sparkly, silver Christmas outfit. Why not where the same outfit tonight?

Greg & I will arrive at church at 10:10 pm, but I'm guessing you might be on your way to LAX. So...

Have many wonderful birthday parties for Jesus, sharing His amazing "Unexpected Gift!"

Merry, merry Christmas and safe travels! Give Kevin a big hug for Greg & I!