Wednesday, December 24, 2008

no more waiting

In less than 24 hours, I'll be snuggling in the arms of my love. Honestly, I'm ready to go home. Being alone during the holiday season sucks in the worst way. So, I'm declaring it Christmas week...cookies, more shopping, and outdoor fun need to happen while I'm home!

We had a run-through of the Christmas Eve worship last night at church to make sure the lighting, sound, video cues, praise team, readers, and yes, even preachers knew what they were doing. We're having young children read the lessons tonight. The 5 young girls I recruited look as though they'll do an awesome job. I'll be helping them get their mics on, and directing them up at the right time. Talk about added pressure! I'm also in charge of the end of the service. The prayers, offering & announcements, blessing and sending. I'm planning to do an extemporaneous prayer and blessing tonight, so please pray for me. The ambient art team has been working so hard to get the sanctuary ready for tonight, and it looks sweet. The Charlie Brown tree lot, dog house, and a wall full of snow covered birch trees have transformed the space into something right out of a movie!

This was my first year doing an Advent pull-open-thingy. And today was the last day. I finally finished it...and didn't even cheat by peeking too early. I'm proud of me. :)

Karishma and I woke up and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast made by Chef Bill Long. It was delicious! Then we headed down to Redondo Beach to collect some sand for K's shadow box. It started raining, but we didn't care. A few jumping pictures, some really pants, a sea lion spotting, and a whole lot of laughter! I just about sprained my ankle jumping off a rock to get this photo, but I guess it was worth it! The water has gotten sooo cold these last few weeks.

I'll head to the airport shortly after 7:00 worship is done and anxiously await my plane ride home. I'll be missing the 11:00 service because when I booked my plane ticket, I thought late night worship was at 10:00. I'm sad about missing it. The later one is more traditional with the organ. At this time of year, that screams Christmas to me. My plane leaves at 12:45 a.m. and gets into Minneapolis at 6:00 a.m. At that point, I'm crawling into bed and sleeping for 4 days straight! I'll need it!

No comments: