Tuesday, May 5, 2009

all those in favor...

SURFING! I finally got back out today after a long break this last month. Running a few mornings a week tires me out. Plus, now the sun comes up so early, wake up call is 5:40 again. Boo! It proved to be a decent day. I stood up a few times, took some spills, and had absolutely no marine life encounters! Thank you, God! We showered at the beach, quickly changed, and managed to make it up the hill to the cluster meeting by 8:30. At noon, I felt like it was 5:00. The day started way too early.

Up at cluster we had a few minutes to wander after breakfast, so I found a plant, some bees, and took pictures with the new recamara. 3200 iso. Loving it. You can almost see the bee wings in the photo. I shared my case study and got some good feedback from the group. I don't always feel understood when I explain things. I'm used to talking to Bob and seeing him nod, repeat back to me what he heard, and we talk about it. With most of the interns, they just sit there and listen. That's fine, but I never have a real sense they get what I'm talking about. They probably represent the rest of the world and how it's gonna be in the future. Looks like I may as well get used to it!

Bob invited me to the council meeting tonight. What a privilege to see how a healthy council should be. Talk about a gifted group of people who give and contribute in such a healthy manner. Of course they had to bring up me leaving...back to teary eyes and a lump in my throat. Just when I thought it was going to be ok. They have been such affirming people during my time here at Good Shepherd, and their words tonight were truly meaningful and much appreciated. I cross my fingers that someday I'll be blessed to work with such wonderful council folks.

No comments: