Friday, May 29, 2009

hot yoga

Today is the second day in a row of overcast skies. I get giddy inside when the clouds roll over. Why? Not because I'm opposed to the sun. But because pictures are sooo much better when there is no sun to compete with. I got lots of work done in the office both yesterday and today, so I spent the rest of my day off taking pictures of friends. Stephanie, Melissa, Elise, & Amy all played model for me while I had a ball shooting. There were so many good ones of each of them. I put a bunch up on my website, so check out the "senior" category there if you want to see more of them. Here are a few if you're too lazy to see the rest! :)Ever since having supper at Mark & Sue Wiedenmann's house a few weeks ago, I've been waiting to get back from Seattle so I could go to Bikram Yoga with Sue. I had never done yoga before. The difference between this and regular toga (yes, I mean for it to say yoga, but the typo was too funny to change) is that Bikram Yoga is done in a 105 degree room and lasts 90 minutes. I had a towel on the top of my yoga mat and it was completely drenched by the time I finished. The purpose is to detoxify by profuse sweating. Well, we certainly accomplished that. It was awesome. I sat and stood in ways I never imagined I could, probably lost 5 pounds in that hour and a half and was able to really relax for the first time in a long while. Which is surprising considering I have to preach twice on Sunday and I haven't started my sermon yet. Oops. For $30 I signed up for as many yoga sessions as I can fit in 10 days. A new student special. Otherwise it's $20/class. I would've brought my camera along to take a picture of it, but the intense heat in the building would've ruined the mechanisms in my camera. Hannah informed me that there is Bikram Yoga in St. Paul. I may have to keep up with this once I get back home! Ok, enough procrastinating, time to get to work on this sermon.

1 comment:

Sue and Mark said...

Of all the newbies I've taken to yoga, you, by far, responded the best. See you Wed.