Sunday, May 10, 2009

no mom day

It was funny greeting people at the door today. "Happy Mother's Day!" Some said, "same to you." I'm not a mother! Cracked me up. Some people didn't know how to respond. It was this weekend last year when my mom and I visited Torrance for the first time. A few women came up to me and reminded me that they remembered our visit. Hard to believe how fast the time has flown. I only have 6 weeks remaining until I have to go home.

I took this afternoon off and slept for a while. Naps on Sundays are my only way of combating headaches. The Stewarts invited me over again for swimming and supper. Kelly and I got our butts whooped in chicken war, but we still had a blast. It's so great being invited to share holidays with others. Sitting home alone is such a lonely thing! Theresa sent me home with a bag full of coco krispie treats. I had to do the right thing and give them away at church otherwise I surely would've eaten them all. I wish I would've saved just one now that I'm a little hungry. You know, despite all the fun we had, it would've been fun to see my mom today. Luckily, she and Paul will be here on Thursday morning! We've got lots of fun things planned! I can't wait!

The high school youth group is doing this awesome program called "Life hurts, God heals." I sat in on their large group session tonight and was really struck by a verse read: For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. Good people bring good things out of the good stored up in them, and evil people bring evil things out of the evil stored up in them -Matthew 12:35. It made me think a lot about the things that come out of my mouth and what they say about the condition of my heart. Am I gossiping about others? Am I talking negatively to others? Talking trash demonstrates the trash of our hearts. Are you speaking out of stored up evil or stored up good?

1 comment:

Auntie Dana said...

Missed you today! So glad you had a chance for a good nap, though. Migraines, be gone!