Saturday, May 9, 2009

superstar!

Ooh, it was another fun morning of portrait taking. Thanks to facebook and an album posted by a client of mine, I got a referral and got to take pictures of two adorable girls. Super photogenic, and adorable. I've been to the Botanical Gardens about 5 times. I should've bought a season pass. It would have paid for itself by now. Arriving 30 minutes early allowed me the time to walk around and see some of the unique flowers they have in bloom there. Here are a few of the neat ones I found:I was blessed to be invited by a couple from church to go see Jesus Christ Superstar at the Redondo Beach PAC. They generously bought 60 tickets and invited people from church to go. Of course, you know me, an occasion to get dressed up? I'm in! The curling iron was blasting hot, and the hair was big, so I put it up. About 10 people asked out of concern if I had cut my hair. No, just up. Don't worry. We all crowded in the fireside room for snacks, I learned quickly that I don't like Greek food, so we hit up McDonald's on the way for my sake (no offense to the cooks), and we all settled in for an incredible show at the theater. Little did I know, I was supposed to bring a guest. By the time I figured it out, I called all the contacts I could find in my phone, but no one could come. A quick call to Kevin 5 minutes before the show started, but he didn't think he'd make it. There was an empty seat along side me. So sad. Once again, the RBPAC outdid themselves. If I lived in one place longer than a year at a time, I'd be one to get season tickets to stuff like this. Theater does the soul good. Laughter. Free therapy. We danced the entire way to the car, and I'm still singing each song as I attempt to go to sleep. Thanks so much to the beautiful lady in the navy blue tux (and her hubby) for the gift of the arts tonight! What a great memory to share with the people of Good Shepherd.

No comments: