Thursday, May 7, 2009

chop stickurly hair

Wow, I got so much done today! I love days when about ten things get deleted off the to-do list. I sat at my desk for about 5 hours straight today and went to town on my list. Yay for being productive! And to make matters better, it was absolutely beautiful outside today! I walked to work (construction on Torrance Blvd. is a pain), so it's almost just as fast to walk to church. Capris and a tank top were in order. Looks like it's going to be in the upper 70's all week!

My reward for staying on task was supper at P.F. Chang's with Amy. Ginger chicken, and lettuce wraps. Yum. We didn't use our chop sticks for food, but rather for photos. My fortune cookie said, "A party with friends is soon to come." The Young Adult BBQ is Friday. Consider it done. We made a mad dash to Costco and got there at 8:27. They closed at 8:30. Ice cream and hair curling back at my house completed the night of fun, oh and jumping on Linda in bed. Good times. As I look back on my day and night, and internship as a whole, it's been such an amazing blessing to have friends who I can talk about life with. In ministry it can be hard to know who to trust and share life with. Which, in turn can make it a lonely place if you don't have anyone who you can trust. Without people to share stories with, vent to, pose by, and laugh with, I'd probably explode. So grateful for nights like these.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Are you guys taking photos in the PF Chang's bathroom???? ewwwww!!! ;-)

Linda said...

Love you like a daughter. You can come jump on my bed anytime!

Auntie Dana said...

I just get sad when I read your blog now...time is short, life is busy, let's get together again soon!
I love you like a daughter, too! :)
So many moms...