Monday, May 4, 2009

lots of clusters

Three clusters in two days. All afternoon was spent in Palos Verdes at the Southern California internship cluster. I got to see all the interns who were there in the fall. We all know each other now, so the atmosphere was much more relaxed than it was last time. More case studies, more chocolate nuggets, more misunderstandings.

Then Bob and I cruised down the hill to make it to the Good Shepherd learning cluster. Again, about 50 people gathered in the backyard of the Such's house (that's Lisa in the picture). Greg asked me to lead the music part of the night. I think reality has set in for people that this group isn't the cluster that sticks together for the rest of their lives. This cluster is going to break up and form a handful of new clusters in the fall. Already, I could sense people were starting to love the group they were in, so talk about breaking up is really hard. The pioneer/settler alarm was going off like crazy. I'm a settler, but am actually really excited about new groups, plus I'm not actually going to be here when this all happens, so it's easy for me to separate myself from the reality of it. We've really just gotta keep listening to God on this one. Not trusting our own insecurities or ideas, but truly listening for God's promptings. No more playing the settler card on my part. Only when God says so is that ok.

No comments: