Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sharefest 2009

Share the fun. Sharefest. So awesome to see so many people out at Pueblo de Dios in Compton for the 6th annual Sharefest. All over the city different organizations coordinated service projects at churches, schools, parks, etc. Our missions team put together this project, a bunch of Good Shepherd folks showed up to paint a mural, install lights in the parking lot, take down walls, and fix up the church. Neighborhood kids came too to paint the wall, the ground, and each other. There was more paint on their clothes than there was on the stucco. I spent most of my time up on a ladder painting a Bible. The back of my calves are a little pink from their constant sun exposure. As I was working on the ladder, I overheard a woman say, "I'm from Minnesota." Minnesota? Turns out she's a middler at Luther Seminary, works at a church in Shoreview, MN with my friend Shannyn, and had brought a group of people from her church down for a cross cultural experience. Small world! The women of the church made a wonderful meal for lunch. Kelly quoted the best line of the day when she said, "I think there are beans on my sandwich." It was ham and cheese with refried beans. The served wonderful fresh fruit and juice. I tried the watermelon juice which tasted exactly like they had squeezed a watermelon into a punch bowl and scooped it out. A little too much sweetness for me.

I'm not sure if I'm exhausted from all the work today, or from the lack of sleep last night. Man, I've been dreaming up a storm again. Holly texted me this morning and pulled me out of a dream at 7:30. On a Saturday! C'mon lady! After that, I didn't get back to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day of meeting, and church, so I better turn in. It's 7:00. Wow, I'm lame.

No comments: