Saturday, May 30, 2009

june gloom

Apparently there's a season in California I didn't know about. It's called June gloom. Today was a prime example of that. Of course it came on a morning where I had a photo shoot. Light drizzle filled the air. Made for an interesting shoot. Drying off the camera, keeping the kids under trees to keep them dry. Dang, it was overcast and everything. Just REALLY wet. We managed to get some great shots and watched an outdoor wedding get set up in the garden area. What are the odds? That songs, "It never rains in California" needs to be pulled form the radio. It's a lie.

It was an awesome treat today to have lunch with Mollie (friend from Seminary) & her friend Katie. Mollie is out here staying in San Diego, so the two of them drove up and we ate at In-n-Out (their first time). I told them the secret menu, and they LOVED it. So much so, we walked through a hedge maze in order to take our picture by the sign. The two of them left after a brief tour of my neck of the woods. If I would've done this sermon during the week like I was supposed to, I could've gone with them for an adventure. Grr.

So here I am. Finally finishing up. Ready for bed. Bring on Pentecost. I'm praying the presence of the Spirit will be as alive as ever tomorrow working through the hearts of the people who come to worship, and for those who her this message.

No comments: