Friday, May 8, 2009

permanent fun

Yeah, I'm not real sure how I'm going to run a marathon with the knees that I've got. I ran 3 miles today (walked 1 of them) because my knees were in such incredible pain. Even with running most of it on grass. Shoot. So, looks like I need to give them a serious rest before training begins in just a few weeks. Maybe a run with my mom and Paul next week will help get me back on track.

This afternoon, Amy, Bobby and I went down to Yer Cheat'n Heart Tattoo to watch a friend of ours get a new tattoo added onto a former one. It looked painful. So...we brought sharpies and created fake tats. Some of the work they had done was really impressive. All the skulls, rosaries, crosses, words, portraits, and colors are incredible. I doubt I'll ever have enough guts to get a real one. Maybe just a henna tattoo. Once I got one, I'd probably want a full arm of them. Dave Sanchez was the tattoo artist of the day. He had an incredible Jesus portrait on his arm. When I called Kevin to tell him about my new tattoo, he believed me that I had actually gotten one. It wasn't until I sent him the photo that he realized I was kidding. Amy got a flower thingy on her foot (the only thing I can draw). I got a heart on my neck with "Bijou" written in it (a tribute to my love), and a fish hook on my wrist.
Tonight was the YAC bbq and slack-lining event. We had a pretty good turn out of people (some new-yay) who got hooked on slacking. Jake and Holly brought their slack-line too. They're the only other people around here who I know with a line. They have a special ratchet to make the line really tight, so we were able to fulfill a dream of mine--walking two people on the line at once. I'm already dreaming of a new slack system with a ratchet. It'd be worth the money to be able to do it alone in the park and get the line tight. After we ate and slacked, the midnight bocce tournament started. Of course, Robin and I whooped butt! We eventually got to the point where we were blindly throwing our balls into the dark grass. We had no idea where the little white ball was. So, when we ran to see who was close, we were dodging the hiding balls in the dark grass. It's a dangerous sport! :) I'm really going to miss these park events that we can have all year long around here. The 3 month window of nice weather in MN is so limiting!

No comments: