Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sleepless in Seattle

After a morning with Alex and some final packing, vacation had arrived. I flew out of Long Beach Airport today and got to ride on the sweetest plane ever--my props to Jet Blue for the on flight American Idol Finale! We got free treats, and could watch about 30 channels on our personal televisions in the seat backs. So much for getting any work done on the plane ride. We arrived in Seattle early, and Kevin was waiting at the gate for me. No wait, that was me dreaming again, where on earth was Kevin? He was supposed to be there. His phone wasn't working, and he was no where in sight. Finally, I saw him all the way down the terminal hall, so I hid from him (he had no idea which flight I was on, but found me). Lots of hugs, a few pictures with my cool new fish eye attachment, and we were ready for our weekend away! We rented a car, grabbed a delicious McDonald's feast, and headed down to Hal & Anna's at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma. We were greeted by Riley (their adorable yorkie), and by the two nicest people in the Pacific Northwest! This is going to be an awesome weekend, I can feel it! So great to be here; my first time in Washington!

No comments: