Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a few odd things

There have been a number of people googling "disneyland tickets off craigslist" and coming to my blog. Feedjit is cool in that you can see how others find your blog. I just want to take a minute to tell these people: DO NOT BUY tickets off Craigslist. The folks at Disneyland told me 10-12 families EACH DAY get scammed by CL people. So, I would advise just paying full price for them rather than risking going to the gate with faulty tickets. Hopefully, no one else will make the same mistake I did. There, I feel better now.

With that said, today was great. The lead staff is out of town at a conference, so it's super quiet in the office. I got to answer phones yesterday when no one else was there. I hung up on a few people while trying to transfer them. Made me laugh. Today there were more people around, so I didn't get to play receptionist. I was super pumped to go have lunch with Robin today. This girl is so great. Just like the Wiedenmann's, she gets it. Ministry and life. Makes it easy to communicate with her. We visited well past my lunch break and on our way out the door exchanged a few quick words about wanting to slack line soon. Somehow we both got to the point where we said, "wanna go now? SURE!" So, we ran home, changed, and met at the park. Another new inductee to the spontaneous slack lining club! Robin was getting up by herself, and even took a few steps. I was so proud! We both had our share of falls. I tried running and jumping on the line, missed it with my foot and ended up straddling the high line. Yeah, you know what I mean. Ouch. Poor Robin about sprained her ankle when she sprung off toward the end. Grass stains and welts. Give us two days...we'll be back on and trying tricks!

Jane was home all afternoon reminding me that tonight was our ice cream date at Cold Stone Creamery. For two hours we waited for Bill to come home so we could go. It was their first time eating there. Jane described the ice cream as rubbery. It is. Sort of like string cheese. Although it tasted good, I still prefer froyo over this kind of ice cream any day. It's not so dense. We enjoyed our treat on the patio until we got kicked out of our chairs by the clean up man, and we were on our way. I'm going to miss Bill and Jane when I go home. They're great!

No comments: