Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mount noRAINhere

Our last day in Tacoma. Where has this weekend gone? There hasn't been a cloud in sight or even a drop of rain since we got here. Not at all what we expected! Rather than spending the whole day in the car driving around, we decided to lay low and enjoy some time of rest. We've been on more walks through the PLU campus these last few days than I have been on all year elsewhere. All the students have been moving out, so the dumpsters and hallways have been getting more and more full of left over stuff. Bags, hats, bottles, couches, rugs, you name it, you can find it in the dumpster. We found a few treasures. Kevin, Anna, and I took a trip to the Goodwill. This was by far the greatest one I had ever been to. I bought a cool laptop lap rest thingy that keeps the computer cool. It'll be perfect for the ride home. Then I found a 2 inch ratchet and 20 feet of webbing ($8) for future slack-line fun! Both were a steal. Not sure how I'm going to get it all home at this point! My suitcase was already 49 pounds on the way out. Eventually we went out to Silk Thai for a delicious supper with Hal & Anna, followed by a trip to the Frisko Freeze for swirled ice cream cones and shakes! Apparently, it's a hot spot in Tacoma. Another one checked off the list. We've done a lot this weekend!

The water was calling us back so we made a trip down to the same waterfront area we went to for Hal's party and walked the beach. Anna and I climbed into the jungle/forest up a steep hill to give our hiking sandals some us. I love going up, but don't like coming down, so Anna guided me down the steep slope until we safely reached the bottom. We washed our feet in the water, and enjoyed a stunning view of Mount Rainier. We ended up packing our suitcases and are crashing early. Lots of travel tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: